- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 01-09-2018
I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions. I never have. What’s the point really? A recent study showed that nearly 70% of people that make resolutions have already given up by mid-January. It’s no different than going on the fad diet that promises to make you lose 30 pounds in 30 days. Here’s an insider’s tip. It doesn’t work. There is no quick fix, there is no magic pill, and resolutions don’t work.
Do you want change in your life? You want to lose weight, be more active, start a new job, quit smoking, or just work on yourself? Then start doing the little things each and every day that will get you to those goals. It’s not going to happen overnight and it’s not going to happen because you made a resolution. You have to make a choice on what’s important in your life.
Quoting my childhood hero, He-Man…”I have the POWER!” This is so true. Only YOU have the power to change your life. No one else can do it for you. So, I’m going to challenge you to achieve your goals for 2018 by following these simple steps.
1. Write down on a piece of paper1-2 short-term and 1-2 long-term goals for this year.
2. The next time you find yourself mindlessly scrolling through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)…STOP! Get off the computer, put down your phone, and go do ONE thing that will get you closer to your goal.
3. Start going to bed 30-60 minutes earlier than you do now. Set your alarm 30-60 minutes earlier than you do now. Take that time in the morning to do ONE thing to get you closer to your goal.
4. Share your goals with someone else, friend or family member. Ask them to join you on the journey and share your wins and struggles with each other along the way. Challenge each other by following through with these steps.
That’s it, it’s that simple. Don’t look for a quick fix or an easy way. Celebrate your wins and learn from your failures. 2018 can and will be a breakout year for you IF you make it happen.
If there’s anything that I can do to help you along the way, then please don’t hesitate to ask. I will be here to encourage and assist in any way that I can to help each of you make 2018 the best year yet!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
|Monday||8:00 - 11:00||2:00 - 6:00|
|Tuesday||----||2:00 - 6:00|
|Wednesday||8:00 - 11:00||2:00 - 6:00|
|Thursday||----||2:00 - 6:00|
|Friday||8:00 - 11:00||----|
|8:00 - 11:00||----||8:00 - 11:00||----||8:00 - 11:00||Appointment||Closed|
|2:00 - 6:00||2:00 - 6:00||2:00 - 6:00||2:00 - 6:00||----||Only||Closed|