If you have been in a car accident, you should seek care immediately. The type of care should be specific and designed to heal the injuries caused by the car accident. People tend to choose one of the following options: 1) chiropractic 2) physical therapy 3) medical office. So what option should you choose? Let’s take a look at the care you will receive with each option and then you can decide for yourself.

1) Chiropractic

a. specific chiropractic adjustments to correct your injured spine

b. therapeutic exercises designed to strengthen your injured muscles

c. manual therapy to release trigger points caused by the car accident

d. electrical stimulation to reduce muscle spasms

e. mechanical traction will help restore mobility in your spine

f. nutritional/supplement support and advice to speed up your recovery

2) physical therapy

a. therapeutic exercises

b. electrical stimulation

3) medical office 

a. pain medications

b. muscle relaxers

The use of pain medications may be warranted if the auto injuries are severe enough. However, pain medications and muscle relaxers will not fix the root cause of the injury…only mask the symptoms. The combination of medication and chiropractic care is the best route for some patients as each case is different. Dr. Roberts has a great working relationship with local medical doctors, neurologists, and radiology centers. Call Nashville Neck & Back today for a FREE consultation. Let us help you get out of pain and stay out of pain.